Stones to Make Your Garden Rock
Rocks are important to any landscape. They give functional characteristic and they also have a distinct beauty. When designing a beautiful landscape it is necessary to plan and choose with care the type of rocks to be used.
Landscape: Hardscapes and Softscapes
When it comes to landscaping, it will be helpful to be familiar with the terms softscapes and hardscapes.
Softcapes pertain to the living elements of the landscapes, like plants and flowers.
Hardscapes are those non-living elements that include the rocks and stones.
Rocks and Stones
Rocks are particularly durable and not easily destroyed. They are perfect to use for pathways and retaining walls. They enhance the appearance of a pond mini-waterfalls.
Rocks and stones will make any landscape design more interesting and pleasing to the eye. There are many kinds of stones to choose from. One must only discern which ones will be appropriate effect.
These can come in different sizes. They are ideal for water landscapes, like falls or cascades. Large boulders can be used for marking a driveway or for the entryway to a garden. They can provide a dramatic effect to the design. Make sure that they are strategically situated as attract much attention.
These stones are perfect for walks and patios. They are very thin and smooth and come in various shades, sizes, and distinctive shapes. They are usually placed above a layer of sand. The flag stones can be adjusted to make a pleasing design.
When it comes to drier locations, river pebbles are the best choice since they help with water conservation. They can also be used as a decorative balance to a plantings.
Beautiful and versatile, granites can be carved into garden furniture like the tables and benches or simply used for decoration.
Other Tips in Choosing the Appropriate Rock
1. You must consider the space available when making your choice. Take note of the proximity of one to another. Make sure that these do not a path or an important view.
2. Color is also a distinct feature in the landscape. Some implement specific color schemes. There are different colors to choose from like red, yellow or white or you can carefully use in combination. .
3. Porous rock is a better choice for a weathered look. They are receptive to growth of mosses and other plants like creeping phlox..
4. Avoid using sharp rocks near the pathway.
5. For a more natural look, choose rocks that are of similar appearance, considering texture, color and form.
Utilize rocks in the best way possible. Choose well. Simply use the imagination to make the stones functional in the design. Remember always to make the area look as natural as possible and nature will be closer to home than ever.