Feng Shui in Real Estate Sales
Literally translated "Feng" means wind and "Shui" mean water. Deeply rooted in connection to nature, Feng Shui is the 4000 year old Chinese are of placement and philosophy that supports living in awareness and harmony with our surroundings.
As the awareness of Feng Shui increases, more real estate agents are being asked to show buyers homes with "good" Feng Shui. If a real estate agent has knowledge of this ancient and highly respected design philosophy will assists him/her to:
- Increase the value, marketability, and emotional appeal of a home.
- Build confidence with Feng Shui savvy buyers and sellers.
- Provide solutions to remedy a home's Feng Shui energy challenges.
- Build referrals by selling "Feng Shui friendly" homes that support the well being of your clients and their sphere of influence.
This section will explain the 5 Feng Shui tips for your references.
Tip 1 : Main Entrance
The main door is like the mouth for the house. It is the gateway between the world and the privacy of the home and air currents literally enter and exit at this point.
- The positioning of a main door can determine the fortune or misfortune of the occupants. Therefore you must keep the entrance clear of any clutter to allow the energies to flow freely.
- Make sure there is nothing in direct alignment with the door such as a tree or telegraph pole. To remedy this place a Bagua mirror over the door so it is reflecting the Sha Qi.
- Avoid facing a dark, pokey room, an interior staircase, mirror, stove, sink, fireplace, the door of a toilet, laundry, bathroom or bedroom. To remedy this keep the doors closed or place a screen between the doors.
Tip 2 : Bedrooms
Bedrooms should be sacred spaces where an adult or child can retreat and regenerate. Most people spent roughly one third of their lives in their bedroom, so maintaining balance and serenity in this area is essential.
Tip 3 : Kitchen
In any case, it's better if you don't see the kitchen immediately upon entering the house, as this can portend digestive, nutritional, and eating problems. Having the kitchen at the entry point can also mean that guests will come over and eat and then leave immediately, and such a placement can also encourage the inhabitants to eat all the time.
Tip 4 : Windows
A house should have sufficient windows. Windows are in very important to allow sufficient light or pleasant views into the room.
Tip 5 : Dining & Living Room
Whenever possible the dining room should be separate from the living room. It is a social area for family members, thus it better to have as big as possible.
So with the above tips, you as a real estate agent when meet with a Feng Shui savvy buyer, you can use the above tips to talk with them, the chances to close the deal is high because the buyer see you as a knowledgeable in Feng Shui and the property you propose to them must be good in Feng Shui. And Feng Shui is a very good topic when come to a price negotiation with the sellers, agents with Feng Shui knowledge might be able to negotiate a better selling price for their buyers and close the sale.